Offered on a temporary or contract basis, under general direction,assists the postdoctoral researcher or other research investigators byperforming moderately complex research and experimentation followingestablished protocols; performs routine lab and equipment maintenance,such as cleaning glassware, counter tops, and equipment; sets-up andoperates various scientific apparatus; assists with research projectsand may perform independent research or performs various clerical andeditorial duties; compiles, processes and analyzes data; performssupervisory and training duties.
- Sets-up and operates various scientific apparatus.
- Performs various clerical duties including typing,answering phones, preparing correspondence, preparing and maintainingbibliographies, and completing applications and forms.
- Assists with research projects; prepares andmaintains culture media, reagents, and experimental animals; growscultures; administers injections; performs various assays; sterilizesequipment; separates and purifies various materials and substances usingsuch techniques as chromatography and electrophoresis; performs surgeryon experimental animals; orders laboratory supplies; performs libraryresearch; prepares compounds; interprets experimental test data;performs minor equipment repairs.
- Performs various editorial duties; writes, reviewsand edits various materials for publication; prepares publicationschedules; orders books and other publications.
- Performs supervisory and training duties involvinglower level employees; attends and participates in meetings,conferences, and training groups.
- Compiles processes and analyzes data; recordsresearch procedures and results; files and maintains records; codes datafor input for electronic data processing; inputs and retrieves datausing computers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor degree in Bioscience or related field. Broadknowledge involving laboratory techniques or other specialized knowledgeis preferred.
- English Language verbal and written communication skills
The candidate should have BS degree from Biomedical related field (Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Bioengineering etc.)MS degree is a plus. At least 3 years of hands on lab experience, wet/dry lab. Experience in cell culture and molecular biology assays and first author for at least one journal paper, co-author for at least one other paper.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures
- Knowledge of the use and preparation of culturemedia, chemicals, and reagents
- Supervisory skills
- Interpersonal/human relation skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to tend to details
- Ability to maintain records and inventories
- Ability to operate a personal computer Required Documents
How To Apply