Application & Product Specialist
The role ensures the delivery of best in class application support and a differentiated customer experience, offers application and software support for the assigned portfolio, working closely with the sales and field service teams, in order to deliver high value service offering. Implement Roche Global application standards, guaranteeing appropriate case reporting and follow up, and collaborate with sales team on channel-filling opportunities.
The role also is responsible for Identifying, developing, driving and monitoring the customer value proposition for the product portfolio. Formulates implements and leads the marketing plan for the specific product portfolio. Establishes marketing priorities and guarantee the strategic focus. Recognized both internally and externally as the dedicated product champion. Provides proactive input to the internal/ external stakeholders on both specific product and business area issues. To support account managers during the sales process by being involved on strategic negotiations and tenders, and ensuring that they have knowledge and necessary competitive information. Drive business success and being responsible on achieving business objectives & sales promise for assigned product portfolio. Lead the product launch for new products in a country assuring the needed focus and alignment from different functions.
- Provides a high quality application support response which is consistent and in line with the changing requirements of the customer and the business areas.
- Delivers best in class support utilizing appropriate systems and processes and providing a consistent and high level of support to customers.
- Continues development of application skills to ensure resilience in the support of all products.
- Ensures coverage across the required core and out of hours, in line with agreements with customers.
- Proposes proactively and implement activities aligned with customer satisfaction surveys and on-going customer and business area feedback.
- Performs instrument training, configuration, and instrument commissioning for new installations.
- Ensures that all administration is completed in a timely and accurate manner, and guarantee the activity reporting at the CRM (REXIS) software and appropriate escalation of product issues to management center, and ensure that all administration is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs corrective visits to sites as part of case escalation.
- You are expected to adhere through your conduct to all applicable laws and regulations as well as to the high integrity standards as set forth by Roche
- Increase Customer Satisfaction levels
- Efficient cost management, contributing to the achievement of the profitability objectives
Customer Demand/Business Need
- Ensures that all products for which you are responsible are actively forecast each month as per the forecasting and product introductions processes
- Manages the introduction and withdrawal of products as per the product introduction/withdrawal process
- Ensures that changes affecting products are communicated as per the product change communication process
- Ensures that all commercial product management tasks are properly implemented in a timely manner in accordance with the procedures in place
- Directs the Market Research resources to obtain cost effectively the most up-to-date market intelligence
- Undertakes regular field visits, including key customers and opinion leads
- Participates in relevant International and National customer/marketing meetings
- Organizes and facilitates customer advisory groups From a commercial perspective based on Dia Symphony
- Monitor country specific KPI based on Business Area through business reviews and work stream updates
- Helps produce marketing plans in words and figures annually, which are acceptable to senior management and discussed with operational areas during development
- Produces a detailed breakdown of the promotional budget required to help implement the marketing plan
- Competitive information through data gathering leading to a refined segmentation and targeting plan.
Development & Implementation of Marketing Plan
- Clearly communicates the marketing plan and fully brief on marketing activities relevant Roche personnel – i.e. sales force, support functions
- Initiates, gains consensus and implements all marketing operations to achieve planned sales and profit contributions
- Monitors monthly progress against plan and recommend corrective actions to ensure successful achievement of plan
- Closes collaboration with MC Product management in regards to their assistance in marketing campaigns and supplying them with local market information In direct contact with Communication team in MC and through the Marketing Coordinator to ensure proper implementation of activity related to Product Line
- Build expertise by driving product knowledge transfer to different marketing and sales roles in the country with special emphasis on Sales Specialists (PS) education
You are expected to adhere through your conduct to all applicable laws and regulations as well as to the high integrity standards as set forth by Roche.
Who You Are
- You hold a BSc or higher University degree in Life Sciences, Laboratory, Biochemical or equivalent. A BSc degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent is preferred
- You preferably have experience in Kuwait market
- You have at least 2 years of practical application experience in IVD or medical device industry
- You have hands-on knowledge both practical and theoretical on Chemistry, Immunology, Hematology, Coagulation and Hospital point of care
- You have excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal interaction and customer relations skills both internally and externally.
- You are result orientated person who is able to meet timelines, with moderate supervision and direction
- You have strong interpersonal interaction and customer relations skills both internally and externally
- You are able to work both independently and in a team
- You have experience with current good laboratory practice and accreditation requirements
- You are fluent in English. Arabic is preferred
- You are pro-active and able to work without direct supervision
- You are organized and work in a structured manner
- You are willing to travel whenever required
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application Support